  • Subject: RE: lug-bg: Prosto niamam komentar ;-)!
  • From: bkrosnov@xxxxxxxx (Boyan Krosnov)
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 19:20:01 +0300

,--------------- Forwarded message (begin)

 Subject: Implementation of RFC 1149: IP over avian carriers.
 From: Vegard Engen < vegard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:vegard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
 Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 22:34:49 +0300

 11 years ago, april 1st 1990, an important RFC was written, RFC 1149:
IP
over
 avian carriers. To this day, as far as we know, no person has
implemented
this
 RFC, yet it has been mentioned in numerous classes and networking
courses.
That
 time has come to an end, and RFC 1149 will finally get its first
 implementation, brought to you by Bergen Linux User Group and Vesta
 Pigeon Racing Club.

 The CPIP WG was founded march 6th 2001, as a joint project between the
two
 mentioned groups. Since then, members of both clubs have been busy
 with planning, experimentation and implementation. We're now so far
into
the
 project that we feel confident that the technology is ready, and the
 implementation will be finished in time.

 The tentative date for the demonstration of the first implementation
and
the
 transportation of the first packets over live pigeons is set to april
28th.
 The place will be somewhere in Bergen, but due to risk of interference
in
the
 transmission, the actual sites will not be announced, at least not yet.

 The WGs project web page is http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/
<http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/>  - and on this
 page, we'll put up minutes, plans, implementation details and in due
time,
 report from the project.

 Vegard Engen
 Representant for the CPIP WG