  • Subject: Re: lug-bg: RAID1 and lilo
  • From: danchev@xxxxxxxxx (George Danchev)
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:37:42 +0200

On 28 10 2002 15:43, Theodor Milkov wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 01:08:00PM +0200, Dancho Mitev wrote:

<cut>

> THE NEW RAID1 IMPLEMENTATION IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH VERSION 21.
>
> Those using version 21 should read 'README.raid1' before installing
> these new codes.  There is a compatibility mode (lilo -x mbr-only) for
> existing RAID1 installations which are not going to be converted to the
> Version 22 implementation.
> ---> cut <---
>
> T.e. preporachva se upotrebata na LILO 22.x.
>
> I drugoto neshto - za da ti bootva pravilno kogato polzvash RAID-1 i
> LILO 22.x, triabva da setnesh bootable flag na saotvetnia partition i da
> clear MBR, zashtoto po moi nabliudenia boot recorda se pishe v/u
> partition boot record-a, a ne v/u MBR.

tova e bez izri4no ukazan option, no s izbroqwane na device files na diskovete
ustrojstva u4astvasti v raid1 masiva mozhe da pishesh i v MBR-a na
syotvetnite disks. To4no kakto beshe deden primer-a s
raid-extra-boot="/dev/hda,/dev/hdc"
tova e man lilo.conf na 22.3, ako asker-a, oste nqma 22.x i ne se e ubedil kak
stoqt nestata (t.e. 22.x pravish zapis kydeto si poiskash, i si backward
compatible (pri mbr-only) s 21.x):

raid-extra-boot=<option>
              This  option  only  has  meaning  for  RAID1 installations.  The
              <option> may be specified as none, auto, mbr-only, or  a  comma-
              separated list of devices; e.g., "/dev/hda,/dev/hdc6".  Starting
              with LILO version 22.0, the boot record is normally  written  to
              the first sector of the RAID1 device.  On PARALLEL raid sets, no
              other boot records are needed.   The  default  action  is  auto,
              meaning,  automatically generate auxilary boot records as needed
              on SKEWED raid sets.  none means suppress generation of all aux-
              iliary  boot  records.   mbr-only  suppresses generation of boot
              records on the raid device, and forces compatibility  with  ver-
              sions  of LILO earlier than version 22.0 by writing boot records
              to all Master Boot Records (MBRs) of all disks in the raid  set.
              Use  of an explicit list of devices, forces writing of auxiliary
              boot records only on those devices enumerated,  in  addition  to
              the  boot record on the RAID1 device. Since the version 22 RAID1
              codes will never automatically write a boot record on the MBR of
              device  0x80,  if such a boot record is desired, this is the way
              to have it written.

--
Greets, fr33zb1
[catching up with Sid (the boy next door who destroyed toys :-)]

наши приятели

линукс за българи
http://linux-bg.org

FSA-BG
http://fsa-bg.org

OpenFest
http://openfest.org

FreeBSD BG
http://bg-freebsd.org

KDE-BG
http://kde.fsa-bg.org/

Gnome-BG
http://gnome.cult.bg/

проект OpenFMI
http://openfmi.net

NetField Forum
http://netField.ludost.net/forum/

Linux-Bulgaria.ORG

Mailing list messages are © Copyright their authors.